Make a Donation
Thank you for considering making a donation to become a Friend of the Hurtwood.
By becoming a Friend you will help ensure public access to this much prized woodland is secure for the foreseeable future.
The Friends of the Hurtwood spend close to £80,000 per year keeping the Hurtwood open and welcoming, including:
- The provision of a full time Ranger.
- The management of 30 miles of registered footpaths and bridleways and a further 30 miles of unofficial tracks, which together with a network of firebreaks and 14 car parks, provide unrivalled access to the Hurtwood.
- The creation and preservation of wildlife habitats, and other conservation projects.
- Maintaining the panoramic views from the Hurtwood hills.
- The clearance and prevention of litter and fly tipping.
- Protecting three scheduled monuments including the Holmbury Hill Iron Age Hill Fort.
- Events and educational activities to encourage children to treasure the Countryside.
- The protection and conservation of the natural environment of the Hurtwood, so that everyone can continue to enjoy the freedom & beauty it provides.